Making Thai Food
When I think about moving to Thailand, one thing I am grateful for is that the Jennerson fam LOVES Thai food. We love the spice. We love the flavors. One of our favorite date nights is going to Isaan Station Thai Restaurant in West Hollywood, then going to ice cream right down the street at Salt&Straw. But we also love making Thai food right here in our kitchen! So I thought I’d share one of our favorite Thai recipes! Pad Ka Prao - Holy Basil Stir-Fry.
What you’ll need :
1 lb ground pork (or chicken if you prefer)
2 T vegetable oil
4 cloves crushed garlic
4 minced chilies (we like it spicy so we do more!)
1 chopped yellow onion
1 ½ bell peppers
2 cups holy basil (regular basil will do if you can’t find the legit Thai stuff)
3 T oyster sauce
2 T soy sauce
1 T fish sauce
1 T sugar
How to make it:
1. In a wok or large frying pan, heat up vegetable oil. Once warm, add garlic and chilies.
2. Add pork.
3. While that’s cooking, in a separate bowl mix together oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar.
3. Once the pork is cooked, add in the bell peppers and onions, along with the other mixed ingredients.
4. Turn off heat and mix in basil.
5. Serve over rice with a fried egg on top! So yummy!
Pretty easy recipe and a super fun way to change it up from the usual routines! Hope you guys enjoy it!